Gentle Night Weaning the Kinder Way
Reducing Night Feeds with No Tears
by Andrea Strang
KinderSleep is pleased to announce the publishing of their first KinderSleep eBook. Andrea Strang shares her technique for gently weaning babies (ages 6 to 18 months) from their night feeds. Using a simple 7 step process, parents can gradually increase the length of time between feeds with no crying and sometimes without the baby even realizing they are being weaned! Click the link under the video to learn how to get access to 4 more short videos that summarize the process. To purchase the eBook, click the book cover on the right.
Feeding at night is perfectly normal and natural and needed for a baby. However, if you are getting to the point where you are finding the night feeding challenging and your baby or toddler’s night feeds are excessive or not necessary, the Gentle Night Weaning method can help.
You can use this method in combination with any sleep coaching method, or on its own. The success rate is higher when the strategy is combined with a behavioral sleep coaching method such as the Kinder Method, Sleep Lady Shuffle, Loved to Sleep method, or any other sleep coaching or sleep training method that addresses bedtime habits.
The Gentle Night Weaning method was developed and tested over 8 years. The KinderSleep team have used it with thousands of families and consistently noted the same outcomes:
- It is a gentle night weaning strategy
- Breastfeeding Moms are less likely to have issues with milk supply – check with your Lactation Consultant if you have any concerns
- Babies often don’t realize they are being weaned during the Gentle Night Weaning process
- You can go at your own pace. The weaning process can be spread over a few weeks or several months
- Your baby will guide you as to how much food they need as you work through the Gentle Night Weaning method