Andrea is a Holistic and Gentle Child Sleep Consultant, Educator, Author, and Postpartum Doula. She started her sleep practice in 2004 after supporting families as a Postpartum Doula for many years. Since then, Andrea has completed several training programs and has helped over 8000 families get better sleep, including providing over 10,000 hours of in-home sleep support.
Andrea is currently an instructor and mentor in the UK based, Holistic Sleep Coach program, Gentle Sleep Educator Course, and is a Night Coach Trainer. She is also the Program Director for the Child Sleep Institute.
Philosophy: Offering gentle support and sleep help for families while promoting secure attachment. Supportive of breastfeeding, attachment parenting, co-sleeping, infant mental health and informed choice.
Sleep coaching methods include coping strategies, sleep nurturing and gentle sleep coaching when appropriate, focusing on supportive, responsive methods such as fading and cue-based strategies.
- Certificate in Home and Family, Brigham Young University - Idaho - 2019
- Certificate in Advanced Marriage and Family Functioning, Brigham Young University - Idaho - 2020
- Holistic Sleep Coaching Program - 2019
- Infant Mental Health Community Training Program – Hospital for Sick Kids 2015 certificate
- Sleep: Neurobiology, Medicine and Society, University of Michigan 2015
- Eighth Biannual Conference on Pediatric Sleep Medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 2015
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine Best Practices Course, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, 2015
- Gentle Sleeposium (speaker and participant) 2015
- Working with Stuck Kids, Gordon Neufeld, 2014
- The Great Sleep Debate, On-line conference Possums Research 2014
- Sick Kids Sleep Symposium – 2013 certificate
- Addressing Sleep Problems and Compliance of Children, Gregory Hanley, 2013
- Neuroscience of Skin to Skin Contact and Breastfeeding, Nils Bergman 2013
- Birth and Beyond Conference 2012, 2013, 2014
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-i), Boston, Mass– 2012
- Infant Mental Health Introductory Course, University of Minnesota 2012
- Gentle Sleep CoachSMCertification 2010
- Naturally Nurturing Sleep Child Consultant Program – UK 2009
- Postpartum Doula Training – CAPPA 2000
- Childbirth Education Training – CAPPA 2000
- Birth Doula Training – DONA 1999
Medical Conditions & Sleep Apnea in Children – Dr. Lewis Kass, MD, FAAP
Reflux & Colic Management – Dr. Bryan Vartabedian, MD, FAAP
GERD – Anthony Lozides, MD.
Secure Attachment in Children -Dr. Kent Hoffman, PhD
Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep – Jodi Jennings, OTLR and Dr. Lucy Miller
Postpartum Depression – Dr. Shoshana Bennett, PhD
SIDS Research and Recommendations – First Candle
Potty Training – Sally Neuberger, LCSW
- 10 years Postpartum Doula support
- 16 years Child Sleep Consulting supported over 8000 families (since 2004)
- Over 10,000 hours of in-home night coaching experience
Association of Professional Sleep Consultants http://www.internationalsleep.org/
International Association of Child Sleep Consultants http://www.iacsc.com/
Child Sleep Institute